The complete sanding solution.
ProBoard® – The Hermes wide belt product family for sanding chipboard and fiberboard
The two primary aims of conventional sanding processes in the board industry are to sand sheets made of wood materials flat to a uniform thickness and to prepare the surfaces as well as possible for subsequent processing steps.
This results in a clear set of requirements for the abrasives used:
- Sanding belts need high stock removal rates and long tool lives
- Sanding belts need to be highly stable, especially when manufactured in large widths
- Belts need to be flexible enough to run smoothly and generate homogeneous surfaces
- Belts need an anti-static finish to prevent premature clogging with sanding dust
- Belt joints need to be very stable and not generate any surface markings when sanding
The ProBoard®-wide belt product family are especially developed for sanding chipboard and ﬁberboard and offers exceptional product beneﬁts:
- Abrasive grain – Additional to the hard and high-quality silicon carbide grain the chip space geometry, especially adapted to the application, and a modiﬁ ed resin bonding system ensures long tool life and a perfect surface quality.
- Backing – Depending to the application, the ProBoard® product family includes special backing types (paper, paper/cloth combination, cloth or stitch bonded cloth) which are completed with optimized belt joint constructions.
- Antistatic – The antistatic construction of the backing and bonding systems prevent a eletrostatic loading of the belt and a premature clogging with sanding dust.
An extensive program of accessories including backing pads and foam pads, as well as graphite cloths, increases the consistency of surface qualities and extends the tool lives of Hermes wide belts by a large factor.
Download by a mouseclick
The Hermes Pad System as a accessory.
The Hermes pad system was developed for long-lasting, secure support of sanding belts on combination units and contact bar stations. This system allows up to 5 times longer tool life to be achieved with a constantly high surface quality compared to conventionally covered contact bars.
The simple change involving the latch (patent applied for) increases productivity and safety during intermediate and fine sanding. The push-button latch does not prevent potential extension of the contact elements. Static electricity, which can build up during any sanding process, is safely discharged.
The contact elements are supplied with a tolerance of just a few hundredths of a millimeter. This also increases dimensional accuracy in intermediate sanding compared to conventional contact bar covers.
The patented fibre webs directly coated with graphite guarantee the wear layer a long life and avoid the risk of delamination in the adhesive layer.
Our ProBoard wide belt product family:
ProBoard RP 274
Paper-backed and cloth-reinforced wide belt with hard silicon carbide grain for high operational demands and universal use. Can be delivered as segmented wide belt with up to 3,200 mm width.
ProBoard RB 374 92 Z
Very tear-resistant cloth-backed Polyester wide belt with hard silicon carbide grain for high sanding pressure and high shearing forces during oscillation. Can be delivered as segmented wide belt with up to 3,650 mm width.
ProBoard BS 179
Stable antistatic paper-backed wide belt with hard silicon carbide grain and with an even belt running and for a high tear resistance. Especially suitable for fine sanding MDF. Can be delivered as segmented wide belt with up to 3,200 mm width.
ProBoard SB 379 92 ZZ
Very heavy, highly tear-resisitant and stiff stitch-bonded abrasive cloth with hard silicon carbide grain. Can be delivered as segmented wide belt with up to 3,650 mm width.