CERMIC - for fine grinding and high-precision applications
The demands placed on the surface quality and accuracy of workpieces are constantly increasing. There are many reasons for this:
- Increasing demands on service life and load-bearing capacity, e.g. in machine and engine construction
- Uncompromising functionality, e.g. for surgical instruments or precision mechanics
- Perfect optics, e.g. in the jewellery industry
- Need for grinding solutions that can be adapted to new materials/conditions
As a result, the industry is focusing on process steps that follow the classic custom grinding (Rz <3 µm). With the new Hermes CERMIC fine-grain abrasives, Hermes Abrasives offers a product that starts right here.
Universally applicable while maintaining the most demanding dimensional and shape tolerances
The versatile Hermes CERMIC tools have been developed for fine grinding with Rz <1 µm and for high-precision applications, e.g:
- Fine continuous generating gear grinding
- Cylindrical grinding of bearing seats
- Surface grinding of plane-parallel components
- Profile grinding
The grain fineness of these vitrified bonded tools reaches down to the single-digit micrometer range.
Newly developed manufacturing processes allow specific adaptation to the respective performance requirements and guarantee that CERMIC products work very precisely and produce extremely high-quality surfaces while meeting the most demanding dimensional and shape tolerances.