Hermes Schleifmittel GmbH, based in Hamburg (Germany), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of coated and bonded abrasives. We employ around 1,200 people at 19 locations on four continents. The Hermes headquarters is also located in Hamburg and has production basis in Europe, North America and Asia.
Our premium products and services are the tools we use to design high-value surfaces for customers. Drawing on the experience of more than 90 years of business and incorporating feedback from our customers, Hermes continuously develops new abrasive solutions that secure our position as a major market player.
For our production basis in Sevlievo (Bulgaria) we are looking, in the course of the successfully implemented growth strategy of our family business, for a
Production Manager (m/f/d)
- Responsibility for the production process and making continuous effort to achieve expected results
- Management of a 30-person production team and ensuring optimal cooperation within the team
- Responsibility for the production results in terms of quality, quantity and final results achieved by the team
- Monitoring technological standards, e.g. determining parameters of the production process and solving technical, organizational and HR-related problems
- Organizing, conducting and supervising implementation works resulting from the introduction of new products, technologies, machines and equipments.
- Overseeing warehouse management and proper flow of materials
- Development and supervision of the Quality Assurance System
- Completed Master’s degree in Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience in a management position in production
- Experience in managing a large team
- Extensive knowledge of process management and optimization of production processes (Lean, 5S-System, Kanban, Kaizen, TPM, SMED)
- Very good knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations
- Know-how in problem solving techniques (5-Why, Ishikawa Diagram, PDCA, 8D)
- Good knowledge of the ISO System
- Entrepreneurial thinking and high engagement
- Good MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
Our cooperation at Hermes is characterized by a very good working atmosphere, a trusting working relationship and short decision-making processes.
Please send your application in one PDF document exclusively by e-mail to email@example.com stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectation.
Your Contact at Hermes
Hermes Schleifmittel GmbH
Luruper Hauptstrasse 106
22547 Hamburg, Germany