All Round Performance
Powerful abrasives specially designed for external cylindrical grinding
Due to this technique's advantages, these days it is difficult to imagine industrial machining without external cylindrical grinding. The external cylindrical grinding process is used for precision-grinding and polishing of redationally symmetrical parts.
Its chief area of application extends from the centreless external cylindrical grinding of stainless steel pipes in a continuous process to the external cylindrical grinding between centres of piston rods with subsequent superfinishing, and also covers the external cylindrical grinding of high-alloyed stainless steel wires.
Especially for external cylindrical grinding Hermes abrasives are bringing benefits you'll appreciate:
- Belt grinding processes offer a lot of different surface qualities
- High stock removal rates without high tool wear
- Long tool live
- Similar stock removal rates in comparison to turning processes
- Highest consistent surface qualities up to Ra > 0.1 µm
- Flexible machining process due to quick change of types and grits
- Cost-effective machining process due to low machine and tool costs