The Hermes long-term abrasive belts of the HERMESIT and MERCURIT product families have one thing in common - the three-dimensional abrasive grain structure, which on the one hand is made up of carrier spheres coated with abrasive grain ("HERMESIT principle") and is responsible for the typical "HERMESIT finish" on stainless steel surfaces or results from an abrasive grain agglomerate structure ("MERCURIT principle").
The advantages for you
When processing the HERMESIT carrier balls or the MERCURIT abrasive grain agglomerates, new grain is continuously used and the resulting advantages will significantly improve the economic efficiency and process reliability of your grinding process:
- Constant surface structures and roughness depths on the workpieces until the end of the tool life
- 3 to 5 times longer service life improves economic efficiency compared to conventional abrasive belts:
- Reduction of grinding belt change times
- Reduced disposal costs for used abrasive belts
- Lower grinding temperatures